Describing people’s physical appearance is something all English language students must learn. To do this, students must learn adjectives to describe people. Once they know enough vocabulary about describing physical appearance, students will be able to use these adjectives to describe their friends, family, and other people around them.
In this post, we have put together a list of adjectives to describe a person. You’ll find a list of adjectives to describe people and their physical appearance. Check the bottom of the page for some related resources for teaching English lessons about describing people and their physical appearance.
Adjectives To Describe People – Physical Appearance
Here’s a list of adjectives to describe a person’s physical appearance with example sentences.
- attractive – She is a very attractive woman.
- bald – I have a bald head.
- beautiful – You have beautiful eyes.
- big – He has a big nose.
- blonde – She has blonde hair.
- black – My mom has long black hair.
- blue – He has blue eyes.
- brown – She has brown eyes.
- chubby – The boy has chubby cheeks.
- cute – Look at that cute baby.
- fat – I’m looking a little fat these days.
- funny – The clown has a funny face.
- gorgeous – You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress.
- handsome – You look very handsome in your suit.
- large – The clown also has very large feet.
- long – Your fingernails are too long.
- old – The old man is sitting watching TV.
- oval – The child had a cute oval face.
- pretty – Look how pretty she is!
- round – The girl has a round face.
- short – I am very short compared to my brothers.
- slim – You look slim. Have you lost some weight?
- small – She has a small nose.
- stylish – Your hair is very stylish.
- tall – She is very tall compared to me.
- thick – She had thick blonde hair.
- thin – You look very thin these days.
- ugly – The witch was very ugly.
- white – The old man has white hair.
- yellow – The ugly witch has yellow teeth.
- young – The young boy is playing in the park.
Adjectives To Describe People – Examples With Pictures
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s Hair
She has long hair.
He has short hair.
She has straight hair.
He has curly hair.
She has wavy hair.
She has blonde hair.
She has black hair.
She has brown hair.
She has gray hair.
He is bald.
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s Eyes
He has big eyes.
She has small eyes.
He has blue eyes.
She has beautiful eyes.
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s Face
The boy has a round face.
He has an oval face.
He has a square face.
He has a big nose.
Her nose is small.
He has big ears.
She has small ears.
He has a big mouth.
She has a small mouth.
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s Height
He is very tall.
He is very short.
He is of average height.
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s Body
He is fat.
She is slim.
He is very thin.
He is skinny.
Adjectives To Describe A Person’s General Appearance
She is so beautiful.
She is very pretty.
He is very handsome.
The baby is very cute.
The clown looks funny.
The witch looks ugly.
Here are some related resources for teaching adjectives to describe people and English lessons about describing appearance.