30 Questions About Family
Everyone’s got a family and so asking questions about family is a fantastic topic for conversation and a great way to get your students talking. You may find it difficult to think of many questions to ask about someone’s family and so to help you out we have put together a list of conversation questions about family.
Questions About Family
Here are some great questions about family you can ask to find out about someone’s family:
- How many people are in your family?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- What’s your brother’s name?
- What’s your sister’s name?
- Are you an only child?
- How old is your brother?
- How old is your sister?
- What are your parents’ names?
- What do your parents do?
- Do you get along with your siblings?
- Do you get along with your parents?
- Do you ever fight with your siblings?
- Who’s the youngest person in your family?
- Who’s the oldest person in your family?
- Who is the funniest person in your family?
- Who are you most like in your family?
- Are you married?
- Do you have children?
- How often do you see your grandparents?
- How often do you see your cousins?
- Do you have any nieces or nephews?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you see your extended family a lot?
- When was your last family vacation?
- Where did you go on your last family vacation?
- What activities do you do as a family?
- Who does the cooking in your family?
- Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What are your parents’ occupations?
- Do you consider close friends as family?
Before you go, check out these related resources about family:
ESL Family Lesson Plan